Goodley McCarthy LLC, a workers’ rights law firm with a busy labor and employment litigation practice, seeks a full-time paralegal to assist with the firm’s growing caseload. Goodley McCarthy represents unions and workers in complex state and federal litigation, including class and collective action lawsuits for unpaid wages and False Claims Act cases. Additionally, we represent employees in claims for discrimination, sexual harassment, and unlawful retaliation.
We are deeply committed to advancing the goals of the labor movement and the rights of working people to fair wages and working conditions. Candidates should have a paralegal certificate, 2-5 years’ experience in litigation, and share the firm’s mission of advancing workers’ rights. Previous experience in labor and employment litigation specifically is a plus.
This is a remote position so candidates from anywhere in the United States may apply, but preference may be given to candidates in the greater Philadelphia region.
The paralegal salary will be $40,000-$60,000 per year, depending on experience (with opportunity for growth as the firm grows).
Ideal candidates will have experience with the following:
· Client intake and case investigation;
· Drafting correspondence, complaints, discovery responses/requests, legal briefs and other documents;
· Assisting with review and organization of discovery documents;
· Assisting attorneys with preparation for depositions, hearings, and trials;
· Filing legal documents with federal and state courts;
· Freedom of Information Act requests;
· Legal research;
· Microsoft Office (must be proficient with Word and Excel);
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Ryan P. McCarthy at email@example.com.
Goodley McCarthy is committed to social justice in our practice and diversity in our hiring, and encourage applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about our work, please visit www.gmlaborlaw.com.